The Villages Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to significant financial compensation. To find out if you have a case, contact The Villages motorcycle accident attorney Tim Babiarz today.
Florida leads the nation in motorcycle accident fatalities. While some blame this sobering statistic on the state’s helmet law (insured drivers over age 21 are not legally required to wear a helmet), the large number of both fatal and non-fatal accidents demonstrates that there are other factors involved. Indeed, motorcycle riders are even more susceptible to the mistakes of distracted, drunk and other negligent drivers. Lack of awareness and lack of respect for motorcycle riders’ rights is a clear issue in many accidents as well.
At the Babiarz Law Firm, PA, we help injured motorcycle riders in The Villages, Lady Lake, Oxford, Wildwood, Ocala, Summerfield, Belleview, Leesburg; and Central Florida’s other communities seek financial compensation for their losses. Potential damages include compensation not only for outstanding medical bills, but also future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering; and other forms of financial and emotional harm. Most riders do not realize the full extent of the damage they will suffer in the wake of an accident. As a result, they settle too soon and for less than they deserve. Please do not make this mistake! Let an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in the Villages help maximize your financial recovery.
Motorcycle Accident Cases We Handle
Most serious motorcycle accidents involve collisions with passenger vehicles. When drivers make mistakes, even the most defensive riders can be left helpless to avoid suffering life-changing injuries. We represent riders throughout Central Florida who have been injured in accidents involving:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield
- Reckless driving
- Other forms of driver negligence
For obvious reasons, accidents involving commercial trucks tend to have the greatest consequences for motorcycle riders. A variety of factors can lead to truck accidents, and at the Babiarz Law Firm, PA, our motorcycle accident lawyers have experience at uncovering all potential sources of compensation for our clients’ losses.
Motorcycle defects cause an alarming number of accidents. When you buy a motorcycle, you expect it to be ready for the rigors of daily riding. But, defects -- including faulty suspensions, swing arms, brakes, transmission systems and tires -- can cause accidents when you least expect them. If a motorcycle defect played a role in your accident, you may have a claim against your bike’s manufacturer.
The Villages Motorcycle Accident Attorney Explains Causes of Crashes
When a motorcycle accident happens, it becomes imperative to determine how the accident occurred because if a driver was to blame, that driver should be held liable for all economic and non-financial losses that the crash caused to occur. If you or someone you love was hurt or killed in a crash, you should consider reaching out to The Villages motorcycle accident attorney to determine what your options are for identifying the crash cause and holding the driver accountable for damages.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes occur for many reasons. Some of the common causes include:
- Speeding: When a driver or motorcyclist goes too fast, the chances of an accident increase. In fact, a 2013 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revealed that around 34 percent of all motorcycle riders involved in deadly collisions were found to have been exceeding the speed limit when a collision happened. Going too fast increases the chances that a motorcyclist will lose control or that a driver won't be able to stop in time to avoid hitting a motorcycle rider.
- Distraction: If a driver or motorcyclist is distracted, accidents are likely to occur. Motorcyclists are harder to see than other drivers and, as such, driver distraction can be far more dangerous for motorcycle riders.
- Intoxication: The NHTSA report also indicated that 27 percent of motorcycle riders involved in fatal accidents were found to have been intoxicated at the time of the accident. If a motorcyclist or driver is drunk, there is a significantly increased chance of collision due to delayed reaction times, impaired judgement, and other alcohol-related impairments.
- Drivers who don't see motorcyclists: When drivers turn or change lanes, there is a risk the motorist won't see the motorcycle rider. The Look Twice, Save a Life campaign aims to encourage drivers to check carefully to make sure a motorcyclist is not in the driver's blind spot.
- Drivers who have difficulty judging motorcycle speed: Many drivers are not good a sharing the road with motorcyclists. Drivers may have difficulty judging how fast motorcycles travel, which makes it more likely a driver will cut off a motorcyclist and cause a T-bone crash. Drivers having difficult judging the speed of motorcycle riders also increases the likelihood of a rear-end collision if a driver fails to slow down his speed when approaching a motorcycle rider as the lead vehicle.
These are just some of the common reasons why motorcycle accidents happen. After a collision, The Villages motorcycle accident attorney Tim Babiarz can provide you with help in determining the crash cause, identifying who was to blame, and taking appropriate legal action to recover financial compensation for damages. Contact us today to find out how Babiarz Law Firm, P.A. can help you.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Central Florida
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are several steps you can take to improve your chances of securing just compensation. Motorcycle accident victims in Central Florida should:
- Collect vehicle and contact information from all drivers and witnesses at the scene of the accident (assuming you are physically able to do so. If not have someone do it.)
- Take photos at the scene (again, assuming you are able. If not have someone do it.)
- Call 911 and seek prompt medical attention
- Avoid discussing the accident with the insurance companies
- Hire an experienced legal team to advise you and deal with the insurance companies on your behalf
Discuss Your Legal Options With The Villages Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Tim Babiarz
To learn more about protecting your rights after a motorcycle accident in Central Florida, contact The Villages motorcycle accident attorney Tim Babiarz. Mr. Babiarz and the legal team at our firm handle all motorcycle accident cases on contingency, so you pay nothing unless we help you win just compensation. For a free, no-obligation consultation, call (352) 205-7599 or send us your information online now.