Golf Cart Wrongful Death
Have you lost a loved one in a golf cart accident in The Villages? Do you believe another’s negligence was a factor? If so, you may be eligible to file a claim.
In The Villages and many of the surrounding retirement communities, golf carts are residents’ primary mode of transportation. While golf carts travel at low speeds (by law, golf carts cannot exceed 20 mph), they still present several risks -- particularly for senior citizens -- and dangers, ranging from road obstructions to negligent automobile drivers, can tragically cause fatal accidents.
Seat belts are not mandatory for golf carts in Florida. Ejection from lack of seat belts is often a factor in fatal golf cart accidents. When golf carts overturn, collide with passenger vehicles; or when other factors lead to golf cart ejection; seniors will often be particularly susceptible to life-threatening injuries.
Though nothing can ease the pain of losing a loved one, it is important for surviving loved ones to know that help is available. If someone close to you was involved in a fatal golf cart accident, an experienced wrongful death lawyer can help protect your rights.
How We Help Families Who Lost a Loved One in a Golf Cart Accident
The Babiarz Law Firm, PA is a personal injury and wrongful death law firm law firm whose founding partner has been serving The Villages and surrounding Central Florida retirement communities for more than 20 years. Founding attorney Tim Babiarz has extensive experience with golf cart injuries and fatalities, having personally represented clients in well over 100 golf cart injury cases since 1996. With offices in The Villages and a hand-picked legal team that includes a full time legal assistant, litigation paralegal and investigator/case manager, our firm is uniquely positioned successfully to represent families who have lost loved ones in golf cart accidents in The Villages, Ocala, Summerfield, Lady Lake, Leesburg, Wildwood and throughout Marion County, Sumter County, Lake County; and Central Florida.
Common Factors in Fatal Golf Cart Accidents
Each fatal golf cart accident is different, and a key aspect of our representation involves conducting a prompt and thorough investigation to identify all of the factors that caused or contributed to the tragedy. As a result of our experience, we have identified several issues that tend to play a role in golf cart wrongful death cases and have an established record of securing successful outcomes for clients.
Some of the most common factors in golf cart wrongful death accidents include:
- Distracted, inattentive and negligent passenger vehicle drivers – Many fatal golf cart accidents involve collisions with cars, trucks, vans and SUVs. In many cases, a distracted, inattentive or otherwise negligent driver will be to blame.
- Golf cart collisions – Collisions between golf carts can also cause fatal injuries. These collisions may occur on golf courses, neighborhood streets; or local thoroughfares.
- Dangerous stationary objects – From sign posts to landscaping rock piles, all types of stationary objects can play a role in fatal golf cart accidents. Golf carts lack the structural integrity and safety features of passenger vehicles, so objects that would cause minimal damage to cars and trucks can lead to catastrophic accidents for golf cart drivers and passengers.
- Golf cart safety issues – Lack of seat belts, limited braking ability, rollover risks and other safety issues often lead to fatal injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents involving golf carts – Seniors living in retirement communities are at risk of becoming victims of pedestrian accidents involving golf carts. We have handled golf cart accident cases involving parade spectators, bicyclists and other senior pedestrians.
Contact a Wrongful Death Lawyer if You Lost a Loved One in a Golf Cart Accident
If you have lost a loved one in a golf cart wrongful death accident in The Villages, Ocala, Leesburg, Lady Lake, Wildwood, Summerfield or any of Central Florida’s other retirement communities, we encourage you to contact us. We offer free initial consultations and do not charge any fees unless we win compensation. To discuss your family’s rights with an experienced The Villages wrongful death attorney, please call (352) 205-7599 or inquire online today.