Do I Need an Accident Attorney in The Villages?
This is an excellent question following a car crash or other injury incident due to someone else’s negligence. The easy answer is it depends. Sometimes a person is not injured as a result of a car crash or their injuries don’t require medical treatment. Quite often, an emergency room or urgent care visit is all of the medical treatment that a person in a crash requires. In that case, you may not need a lawyer if the insurance company involved offers a reasonable sum to compensate you for your injuries and to cover any outstanding portion of your medical bills.
However, if you will require ongoing medical treatment following emergency medical treatment or if your injuries require surgery or more specialized medical treatment, chances are you will need a lawyer. In that case, please call us at (352) 205-7599 or email us at Tim@babiarzlawfirm.com, for a free evaluation of your case with a top The Villages accident attorney.
The Villages Accident Attorney, Tim Babiarz, Explains Personal Injury Fault and Damages
Accidents happen every day, causing many serious injuries. Unfortunately, many of the accidents that occur happen because some person or company was negligent. For example, accidents can happen because a driver doesn't follow the rules of the road or fails to pay attention behind the wheel. Accidents can also happen if a property owner invites visitors onto an unsafe premises or if a product manufacturer releases dangerous products to the public.
In these and many other situations where injuries occur because of negligence or because of a failure to fulfill some legal obligation, victims should be entitled to compensation. The Villages accident attorney can provide help to those who are harmed in pursuing a claim for compensation. Those who have been hurt and who are trying to recover monetary damages for losses need to understand what kinds of things they should be compensated for so they can make a realistic assessment of the compensation they're likely to obtain.
Types of Compensation Available After an Accident in The Villages
Understanding the types of compensation you could receive after getting hurt is very important because you may need to decide if you want to settle your case outside of court. You should accept a settlement only if it's fair and reasonable in light of your injuries, so you need to understand what types of compensation the law allows for losses. You also need to understand the kinds of losses you should be compensated for because you may need to prove the extent of your damages when you file a civil lawsuit and go to court to be made whole for your damages.
The specific amount of compensation you should be able to obtain after suffering an injury will vary based on many different factors, including injury severity. However, there are commonalities in almost all personal injury claims regarding the kinds of things you should be compensated for. For example, victims hurt by the negligence or wrongdoing of others should be compensated for:
- Medical costs incurred to-date. If you've been receiving treatment for injuries in connection with the accident, you should be fully compensated for the costs of care. This includes costs of any medical or adaptive devices you may need as a result of your injuries.
- Future medical costs. If you have a chronic or ongoing injury that will continue to require treatment, you should be compensated for your future medical care expenditures. An experienced doctor can estimate what your care costs will be so you can get full compensation.
- Pain and suffering. If you experienced discomfort because of the accident, you should be compensated for all you've gone through.
- Emotional distress: If you experience stress or other mental issues due to the accident or resulting injuries, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the emotional harm you've endured.
- Loss of wages and income: If you've already missed work, even if you took sick days or vacation days, you should be compensated. If your working abilities going forward were affected and your income will be lower as a result, you should also be compensated.
Obtaining full and fair compensation for all losses is not always easy, especially as insurers often try to get you to settle a case for less than its worth.
Schedule a Free Case Consultation with The Villages Accident Attorney at Babiarz Law Firm
You should reach out to The Villages accident attorney to get help dealing with your insurer and building a strong case proving how badly you were hurt so you can maximize the chances of receiving the most compensation possible in your particular circumstances. To find out more about how our firm can help you to fight for monetary damages after someone hurt you, give us a call today.