Automobile v. Motorcycle Accidents
What is the greatest danger motorcycle riders face on Florida’s roads? It is not the weather. It is not themselves. While motorcycle defects are a problem, dangerous motorcycles are not the primary cause of motorcycle accidents. In Florida, the majority of motorcycle collisions result from the negligence of automobile drivers.
We represent motorcycle riders who have been injured and families who have lost loved ones in motorcycle wrecks in The Villages, Ocala, Leesburg, Lady Lake, Wildwood, Summerfield; and throughout Central Florida. Attorney Tim Babiarz is an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who represents clients in insurance litigation and at trial, and who has a proven track record of securing favorable results for his clients. Thanks to our appellate co-counsel, Bryan Gowdy, we have successfully prosecuted cases against insurance companies and other defendants in appellate cases all the way up to the Florida Supreme Court. We know the devastating effects that motorcycle accidents can have for riders and their families, and this is why we approach every case with the same long-term thinking and unwavering determination to win.
Common Factors in Automobile v. Motorcycle Accidents
In order to recover financial compensation after a motorcycle accident, it is critical to identify the cause of the collision. The insurance companies do not pay without a fight, and in order to secure a full and fair settlement (or win your case at trial), you will need proof that the automobile driver was at fault. With the help of our in-house investigator, we seek to establish liability in motorcycle accident cases based upon factors such as:
- Distracted driving – With the rising popularity of cell phones and in-car technology, distracted driving has become one the leading causes of vehicle accidents. Texting, taking selfies, talking on the phone (both handheld and hands-free), using social media; and other distractions can all play a direct role in causing dangerous collisions.
- Drunk driving – Drunk drivers are hazards to everyone around them. Sadly, driving under the influence is still a frequent factor in Central Florida motorcycle crashes.
- Failure to yield – A surprising number of drivers fail to yield the right of way to oncoming motorcycles. Whether the result of not paying attention to motorcycles or failing to respect riders’ rights on the road, failure to yield can be grounds for riders and their families to seek just compensation.
- Reckless driving – Reckless driving can take many forms, all of which are dangerous to motorcycle riders. Tailgating, weaving through traffic; and other reckless behaviors can all leave riders helpless to avoid harmful collisions.
- Speeding – Speeding, of course, is a common factor in collisions between automobiles and motorcycles as well. Drivers who exceed the speed limit or who drive too fast for weather and road conditions deserve to be held accountable when they put others in harm’s way.
- Other forms of driver negligence – In addition to the issues listed above, virtually all other forms of driver negligence have the potential to cause accidents. Failure to signal, merging without looking, running red lights and stop signs; and other mistakes can all support claims for financial compensation.
The Villages Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help After Car v. Motorcycle Accidents
If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle collision in Central Florida, we can help you stand up for your legal rights. Do not let the insurance companies take advantage of you -- let us use our experience and dedication to maximize your financial recovery. To get started with a free, no-obligation consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in The Villages, call our law offices at (352) 205-7599 or send us a message online today.